Thursday, July 31, 2008

My First 30 Days at American Farmland Trust

 
American Farmland Trust
Illinois Farmland

Dear Agriculture,

Jon Scholl in Soybeans

Watch this video 
to meet AFT's new president Jon Scholl.

It is a great privilege and pleasure to join American Farmland Trust as the new president. I am proud to join AFT and continue this critical work toward positive change that is good for farms and ranches, good for the environment, and good for communities across the country. 

From my involvement in my family’s farm in central Illinois where we grow corn, soybeans and, more recently, wind energy, to my 25 years of experience working with agriculture and environmental policy, I have spent much of my life working with agriculture to find solutions for pressing issues. I care deeply about the environment, about conservation of our natural resources, and protecting local farms and food for our future.

I know there is much to do, and with your help we’ll continue to make significant progress. Please watch this video to learn more about what brought me to this position and my vision for American Farmland Trust’s future work. 

As a valued supporter of AFT, you have been important in helping us make impressive gains in the protection and improvement of farm and ranch lands. It is an exciting time to be here, and I look forward to our work together.

Thank you again for your support.

Sincerely,

Jon Scholl Signature Transparent

 


Jon Scholl
President




© Copyright 2006, American Farmland Trust. All rights reserved.
1200 18th Street, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
(202)-331-7300

No comments: